Sunday, June 04, 2006

I went roun there. I thought I'd just ask if Julie wanted to come round to study. We've got our first exam quite soon. I knocked on the door and it was ages before someone answered. My stomach felt a bit wobbly, I can tell you. And even though it was a hot day, I felt myself sweating more than normal. I was just about to sniff my armpits to make sure I didn't stink too much when the door opened.

It only opened a crack. Tom's face peered through it but that was all I saw of him. "I was just wondering if Julie could come round?" I asked. (Actually it came out as sort of a squeak, but best not to go on about that too much.)

"She's not in," he said.

So I asked when she'd be back.

"She's gone to stay with her Gran."

Well that didn't really answer my question. I managed to squeak out a further "When?" and he must've thought I meant when did she go, cos he said, "Last Friday." Then he shut the door. She can't have gone last Friday, cos I heard her crying last night. Well I wasn't going to knock again, so I came home, but I've been out in the garden this afternoon (revising of course) and I've been keeping an eye out. No sign of her yet, but I'll watch again tomorrow, and if I hear her crying again tonight... Well I don't know what I'll do, but I'll think of something.

And do you know what's even creepier than weird next door neighbours? Weird next door neighbours with grandparents. Tom mentioned Julie's gran right? So she must have one. Man, I bet she's all old and crinkly, but evil too. Ergh! It's enough to give you nightmares!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home