Friday, June 09, 2006

What a week, man. Been trying to get near the computer for ages now but it's been mad, and when I have Blogger's been playing up. Anyone else had trouble? Anyway. I'm here now with loads to report.

Monday night and Tuesday night I heard the crying again, but still no sign of Julie. And all week its been sunny. You'd think they'd be out looking for somewhere to dig up, but nothing. Not even sunbathing in the garden. The smell is starting to drift over though. That horrible acid, sickly smell that was in their house that time. Mum's noticed and has started to make noises about calling environmental health. She's still more or less permanently in the garden. She seems to be taking it in turns with the crows now. It's either her or them like between them they are keeping up some sort of vigil.

She's been in and out of town too though, still trying to protest about them building on the land opposite. I don't think she's going to get anywhere. The diggers are moving in on Monday so that'll be the decider. I wouldn't like to call it if it came to a show down between my Mum and a JCB!

Yesterday was my first GCSE. Shit, man, that was hard. English Lit, and they asked all sort of difficult questions. Well, Julie was there! She came into the Sports Hall right at the last minute and man, did she look ill. She was, like, white, you know, white like one of those albino people. Except there were grey shadows around her eyes. She sat in the next row to me but a few people in front. I watched her on and off, you know, when I was 'thinking', but she didn't turn round once, just kept her head down and wrote. She did loads, I bet she'll do better than me.

Well, at the end, when they said, "Put your pens down," (mine had been down for about 15 minutes), she just got up and left. I tried to catch up with her but there were too many people in the way. I called, just as she got the door, and she turned round then. Her head swivelled round and her eyes fixed on mine straight away. She didn't smile but her eyes bore straight into me so I felt as if I was right next to her instead of half a sports hall away. And I swear I could hear her voice in my head, just one word, "Help". Then she was gone.

What do I do now? It's been bugging me all day, man. I've hardly done any revision for the next exam and it's on Monday. History. Julie will be there and I can't let her leave without speaking to her this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home