Monday, June 12, 2006

I've just checked... I'm still breathing! Man, what a day! Exam started at 9.30 this morning and Mum had no interest in taking me in to school so she made me catch the bloody bus! I thought I'd never have to get on that thing again! At least I didn't have to wear school uniform like all the other losers.

So I had to wait for, like, ages outside the sports hall before anyone else got there. Julie turned up last minute, just like last time. Only this time I was ready for her. I'd written her a note and just as she passed where I was sat I dropped my pen on the floor and kicked it along a bit. I got out of my seat to get it and slipped the note to Julie. She didn't want to take it but I gave her my 'take it quick before I get into shit' look and she did. She sat down and I didn't think she was going to look at it but she did. It said, "Wait for me after." She looked back over her shoulder at me and just stared. I had no idea if she would or not.

The exam was OK. I think I might actually have passed this one. At the end I was ready for the mad rush out the door and I was right on Julie's heels. There was no way she was escaping me this time. "Julie!" I said in her ear, just as we got near the outside. She nearly jumped five foot in the air.

"Leave me alone!" she hissed, looking over her shoulder towards the door. She had great big ugly bags under her eyes and her skin was grey.
"No way" I replied. "There's something wrong. I can hear you through the wall you know."
Her mouth dropped open at that. "I... I can't talk here," she said.
"When then?"
"I'll text you."
And then she ran off. I watched this time. Her dad was waiting just outside the gate with his car. He stood watching her and they both got in the car together and he drove off with a wheel spin, leaving marks on the road and a smell of burning rubber.

Now as if all that wasn't bad enough I got home to find that this time it's my Mum who's made it onto the radio, the telly and probably the papers too. She's managed to get about six of her mates together and they've chained themselves to the trees in the field opposite! How embarrassing! They managed to stop the diggers moving into the field but tomorrow the police are coming with chain cutters to evict them. Why can't she just be normal like everyone else?

No text messages so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home