Saturday, June 17, 2006

Finished three more exams since last Monday. Just a few more to go. Few new things to report too. Mum and her mates have been evicted - and not in a BigBrother way either. The police turned up on Tuesday morning, like, really early. There were flashing blue lights and wailing sirens coming up the road. They woke me up - bastards. Anyway. Mum and her mates started up with all this chanting. I swear they thought they were all back in the sixties - and my Mum isn't even that old!

Minutes after the cops surrounded the field with their cars - well the exit to it anyway - they were swarming all over the place waving their truncheons around. I didn't even think they still carried those things, man. Two guys got out of the back of the police van with giant chain cutters and they all advanced on the protestors. This was turning out to be quite a good spectator sport until they decided to cut my Mum off the tree she'd chained herself to and she started struggling. Now I've watched protest stuff before and even I know not to struggle. I mean, Ghandi didn't! So the silly cow starts swinging her fists around. Two coppers wrestler her to the floor and several others come over to grab her feet and legs and they man-handle her into the back of the van! That's when I decided I had to do something about it. I ran out into the road (having pulled some jeans on first) and start yelling. It didn't do any good. They carted her and her mates off in the van and it was nearly tea time before they released them They've been charged with damage to property (the trees!) and causing a public affray. The coppers caused the affray and the trees were being cut down anyway! What a joke! The hearing at the magistrates court is next week.

So that was that. Haven't been able to post before now cos of exams. Now - my other news. Julie just texted me. Since Monday I've been waiting. Well I watched the freaky family go out earlier on - and they went minus Julie. Thats very strange, man. And then I got this text : Meet me 2nite. 11. C U here.

She wants me to go there! Shit! After the last time I'm not sure I want to, but what choice do I have?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home